Thursday 4 September 2014

Blast from the past


Top: Beloved (Similar here)
Skirt: Fornarina (Couldn't find teapot skirts but this, this and this are cute)
Shoes: New Look (Similar here)
Bag: Comme Des Garcon (Similar here)
Earrings: Chinatown (Similar here) | Ring: Vintage hand me down (Similar here)
There are Grease movie spoilers ahead so stop reading if you want but if you haven’t watched it already, I’d be pretty surprised since it’s a bajillion years old.
Summer lovin', happened so fast
As a dorky young kid, I totally loved the movie Grease. I would watch it over and over, and play the CD on repeat and sing along. Obviously now that I’m older, there are a bunch of not-awesome things to gripe about, don’t even get me started on the fact that Sandy basically changes herself completely for the guy she likes!!!!! But… IT’S GREASE LIGHTNING GO GO GO GO!
Spandex and leather - I got chiiiiiills, they're multiplying
Something else I loved about it was the awesome 50s fashion. I love a fashion theme and this movie has it all - the preppy chic look, the vamp, the biker chick and more. My teapot skirt gives off a kind of 50’s preppy chic look but unlike the 50’s where tiny waists were the norm, I avoided the super cinched waist because I like to be able to breathe. 
I still want that blue midi skirt with the poodle on it
Thanks for reading, if you haven’t already watched Grease, please do, you can invite me if you don’t mind me singing and dancing along.
I'm ready to CHA-CHA!
All Grease movie images taken from clothesonfilm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!