Tuesday 12 August 2014

Pyjamas party

The inspiration | Pic courtesy of Red Carpet Fashion Awards
PJ party action | Pic courtesy of Beautifully Fierce
My take on the zzz time look
Top: Vila | Pants: Vila
Bag: Prada (Similar here)
Necklace: Gift from Mousie (Similar here) | Ring: Gift from Cyn (Similar here)
Shoes: Asos (Similar here)
When Marc Jacobs pioneered pyjamas as going-out clothes, and Rihanna (and various others) started redefining the idea of 'just got out of bed', I think I might have done an eye roll or two. However, as I slouched around today in my drawstring pants and loose tank top set, I couldn't help but feel somewhat pyjama-adjacent.... And it was awesome. Not only was I mad comfortable, but I also felt super cool. Something about the slouchy vibe and matching co-ords made me feel like, hey, maybe Rihanna and Marc (first name basis yo) were right.

I'm still far from wearing my silk PJ set out (who am I kidding, I don't own silk PJs, my sleepwear is absolute rubbish) and trust me, I still think it's kind of batsh*t crazy but it is so nice to just be comfortable and not have to think about sucking in your gut all day long.

Thanks for reading, slumber party???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!